- Advanced memory management
- Multitasking with interprocess communication
- Battery back up support
- Interrupt handling
- I/O facilities
- Language support allowing fast code development
- Device drivers and configuration tables
- Shell with many useful utilities
What is the difference between Single License and Multi License Minos?
A single license allows the use of Minos on the controller contained in the Starter Pack. A Multi license allows unlimited use of Minos on the controller contained in the Development Pack and further purchases of controllers from CMS. A single license can be upgraded to a multi license or a single licence can be purchase with a controller. Multi license Minos is available for all CMS's 68000 controllers and allows the operating system to be used on all identical controllers in the future. It is royalty free. The license only allows use of the operating system on controller boards designed and manufactured by Cambridge Microprocessor Systems Ltd or its appointed contractors. This allows the user to develop an expansion board and manufacture it themselves as long as the code is running on CMS hardware. The license can be extended to cover any custom design work undertaken by Cambridge Microprocessor Systems Ltd if required. Minos can also be purchased to run on any 68000 type CPU regardless of the manufacturer or type of controller. We are happy to quote for this work if required.
What is a Starter or Development Pack?
A Starter or Development Pack is a package that contains all that is required to get up and running with a CMS controller. The C Starter Pack will include the following :
- A Controller board
- Single License version of Minos (Development Pack - Multi License version)
- Mains Power Supply (UK, European or USA)
- Interface cable to connect to a PC serial port
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Full documentation
- EPROMing utility programs
- PC Terminal program
- Demonstration and example code
- Monitor / Debugger
- PC Based text editor
- C Cross Compiler
- 68k Cross Assembler
- Library Manager
- Make utility
- Symbolic Debug
How do I place an Order?
There are several ways to place an order with Cambridge Microprocessor Systems.
- By E-mail to address firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Telephone +44 (0) 1371 606050
- By Facsimile +44 (0) 1371 606051
- By Post to:
- Cambridge Microprocessor Systems Ltd
- Unit 17 Zone 'D'
- Chelmsford Road Industrial Estate
- Great Dunmow
- Essex CM6 1XG
- United Kingdom
How can I pay for a purchase?
The following methods of payment can be accepted
- Bank Transfer (BACS or CHAPS)
- International Money Order
All prices quoted by CMS are in British Pounds Sterling excluding delivery and VAT